Youth Umpire InformationUpdated Tuesday January 31, 2017 by Vine Ingle.
Vine Ingle Little League
Youth Umpire Program
The 2017 Vine Ingle Little League season is just around the corner and the League needs youth umpires. In order for the program to be successful, we need responsible youth who are interested in giving back to the community (while earning some extra cash!).
Who: Youth umpires are defined as full-time students, who have completed the umpire training conducted each year by Vine Ingle Little League. We utilize Youth umpires in all leagues, with the following age restrictions:
• Tball & Mighty: at least 13 years old, as of January 1st 2017
• Minor: at least 14 years old, as of January 1st 2017
• Majors: at least 15 years old, as of January 1st 2017
Training: Vine Ingle Little League (VILL) will provide training to all interested youth umpires.
• Rules Clinic: This clinic discusses the rules of Little League and the VILL local rules.
• Field Mechanics Clinic: this clinic goes over basic umpire mechanics on the field.
Clinics are held prior to each season and are mandatory for all youth umpires.
Games: The league schedules games throughout the week. Youth umpires need to be able to work games during these times:
• Spring Season: Games are scheduled Monday – Thursday evenings and all day Saturday
• Fall Season: Games are scheduled Tuesday & Thursday evenings
Game Scheduling: Once you have completed the training and are certified as a youth umpire, you will be able to sign-up for Vine Ingle Little League games. Details of this process will be provided during training.
Compensation: Youth umpires may be compensated in one of two methods:
• Community Service: Each game is worth 2 hours of community service credit
• Payment: $35 per game for Major/Minor Plate; $25 per game for Major/Minor Field and $15 per game for Mighty & Tball
Apply!: If you are interested in being a VILL Youth Umpire, then the first step is to complete an Umpire Application. You can also register online at www.vineingle.com.
Questions: If you have questions please contact Glenn Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org
|VILL Ump Application Word.docx|
|VILL Ump Application.pdf|
|VILL Umpire Flyer.pdf|